How To Quit Smoking
By Rob Mellor
It has very many repercussions on the life of the smoker and those around him. It leads to lung cancer and
various heart diseases like asthma and emphysema. We should thus abhor this deadly disease and quit smoking.
Quitting is not easy
But to actually quit smoking is not easy, because it is an addiction. However there are very many ways and
methods that help us to quit smoking for instance we can opt for acupuncture therapy or aromatherapy. We can also
opt for non-nicotine cigarettes or go for precise prescription by a doctor.
But first and foremost we need to decide in our heart to stop smoking and should also fix a day for the same.
Inform your family about your decision and seek for their help and assistance. Throw away all the cigarette
packets, ashtrays and lighters. Stop buying any more cigarettes. Rather think of the more useful and better things
that you can buy with the money thus saved. Ask the other family members also, who smoke, to stop smoking. Keep
yourself busy. Exercise regularly and meditate occasionally. Eat healthy food.
After doing all this you may still feel severe urges to smoke. You may also actually retort back to it, but
that’s no problem, just be persistent and bring back your decision on to the right track after this break, because
most of the people are successful only after 2-3 attempts.
Be prepared for withdrawal symptoms
About 80% people retort back to smoking after once leaving it and only 20% successfully accomplish the task.
People retort back due to many reasons. Some say they feel agitated. Others say that the aroma when someone lights
up is irresistible. But most of them do so due to the fear of symptoms that appears after that last puff viz.
weight gain, aggressive thinking, dry throat, fatigue, muscle cramps, constipation, dizziness, hypersensitivity to
stimuli, etc. but these are all just temporary symptoms and disappear in a few days. In fact after the initial bout
is over the blood pressure, heart rate, pulse arte all get back to normal. You thus need to keep your will power
strong and stick to your decision for a few more days.
Some people are not able to continue with the smoke cessation programs because they say that they are costly.
But this is a wrong perception because they are not costlier than the price spent for buying cigarettes. And then
isn’t it more logical to spend on your health rather on a disease.
Warning: include(xcommentpro/Main.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /freeola/users/3/7/sr0330773/htdocs/emphysema.php on line 178
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'xcommentpro/Main.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /freeola/users/3/7/sr0330773/htdocs/emphysema.php on line 178